Safari Ltd Bornean Orangutan Wildlife Wonders
As their name suggests, Bornean orangutans live in the tropical forests and swampy areas of Borneo. The Bornean orangutan is one of two members of the genus Pongo, the other being the Sumatran orangutan. Both species are the only great apes endemic to the Asian continent.
- Scientific Name: Genus Pongo
- Characteristics: Orangutans are very similar to humans genetically – in fact, they share 97% of the same DNA. Learn more astounding facts about this impressive primate with this scientifically accurate model!
- Size and Color: 5 inches long and 5.25 inches tall, both dimensions of this model are about the same as the height of a soda can. Unlike other primates which have tend to have dark black hair, the orangutan’s hair is a mix of orange and reddish-brown colors.
- The Bornean Orangutan is part of the Wildlife Wonders™ collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Orangutans are exceptionally smart, and are able to use tools and communicate through sign language. They even have their own unique cultures with one another in the wild! Unfortunately, the Bornean species of orangutan is endangered and is severely affected by habitat loss and fragmentation due to human activity. The largest tree-dwelling animal alive, make sure you give this orangutan a canopy to hang out in!
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 11.5 L x 10.19 W x 12.5 H
- Size in inches: 4.53 L x 4.01 W x 4.92 H
- UPC: 095866112202