Safari Ltd Camouflage Luminocular Safariology
- Combining a flashlight with binoculars, these camouflage luminoculars are an explorer’s best friend. The durable ABS plastic also houses a precision compass and can be easily worn around the neck or shoulder thanks to a strap.
- Characteristics: With 3.5x magnification and a light capable of shining 100 feet, these luminoculars are for serious explorers. The precision compass ensures they can always find their way home.
- Size and Color: At 5 ¾ inches long and 5 ¼ inches wide, these luminoculars are just the right size for easy carrying and use. The camouflage color gives them a more realistic explorer look.
- The Camouflage Luminocular is part of the
Camouflage is a military invention, of course, and it has a long history. U.S. troops first tried camouflage in the late 1800s, when they spread mud on their blue uniforms to blend in with their surroundings. Olive drab and olive green were tried next, until the 1970s, when researchers developed the popular black, brown, green, khaki camouflage. Desert action led to light brown, tan, and green combinations being used for camouflage. Computers jumped into the action in 2004, with a computer-generated randomized green, tan, and grey camouflage that helps soldiers blend in urban, woodland, and desert settings. Research continues, as science and technology attempt to perfect the art of blending in.
- Recommended Age: 7+
- Size in cm: 15 L x 13 W x 6.5 H
- Size in inches: 5.91 L x 5.12 W x 2.56 H
- UPC: 095866653712