SBD-5 DAUNTLESS (46 size - scale warbird category)
The Douglas SBD Dauntless was a World War II American naval scout plane and dive bomber that was manufactured by Douglas Aircraft from 1940 through 1944. The SBD ("Scout Bomber Douglas") was the U.S. Navy's main carrier-borne scout plane and dive bomber from mid-1940 through mid-1944. The SBD was also flown by the lt U.S. Marine Corps, both from land air bases and aircraft carriers. The SBD is best remembered as the bomber that delivered the fatal blows to the Japanese carriers at the Battle of Midway in June 1942.
During its combat service, the SBD was an excellent naval scout plane and dive bomber. It possessed long range, good handling characteristics, maneuverability, potent bomb load capacity, great diving characteristics, defensive armament and ruggedness.
Now , VQ introduces the SBD Dauntless 46 size EP-GP as a super scale series. This Dauntless comes with scale flap, 2 x painted pilots, machine gun, antena. Also we have supply in the kit some scale detail make by ply wood sothat you can make your SBD look like a real one.
With the big battery hatch, you can use both Electric motor or Nitro engine.
Option with Electric retracts ( E-retracts ) and struts. It make this SBD become one of the best Balsa scale warbird 46 size in the market .
- All Balsa and lite-ply construction
- Fully covered in weathered detail
- Fiberglass cowling
- Reinstalled painted pilot
- Control surfaces pre-hinged and installed
- Three piece wing with Wing Joiner
- Wingspan: 1540 mm
- Fuselage Length: 1060 mm
- Weight (ready ro fly): 3,1 - 3,2 Kg
- Electric Motor: Boost 50 motor or any Electric Motor same size with 46 2 stroke engine
- Battery: Lipo 14,8V 4500 mAh
- Glow Engine: .46 - .52 (2 stroke) / .62 - .72 (4 stroke)
- Radio req: 8 channels with 8 servos ( 5x standard servos and 3x Mini servos (19grams) for Flap)
- Assembly instructions with stage photos
- Tail wheel assembly
- Fiberglass cowling
- 2 x Fiberglass painted pilot
- 2 x Plastic machine gun
- Wheels and wheels cover
- Scale detail by Ply wood
- Engine mounts
- Fuel tank
- Ply wood wing joiner
- Decals and all hardware
E-Retracts with struts: VQ-ARE16
Does not include: radio, motor, glue, and silicon fuel line