Harpies are figures in Greek and Roman mythology with features of both human women and birds. They are wind spirits, and are particularly known for snatching food from travelers.
- Scientific Name: Harpiya harpiya
- Characteristics: This Harpy figure is spreading her wings to swoop down on unsuspecting travelers, perhaps to steal their food. This individually hand-painted figure combines intricately sculpted feathers with smooth human features and scaly, clawed bird-like legs and feet.
- Size and Color: Our Harpy figure features a wingspan of just over 5 1/2 inches and stands nearly 4 inches tall. She’s got pearly, blue-white hair, and her feathers are three different shades of blue. The scales and talons on her legs and feet are golden, and her skin is a light tan color.
- The Harpy is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
Harpies feature in many Greek and Roman tales and poems, often as antagonists who harass travelers on long journeys. The word “harpy” means “snatcher”, and they are known for stealing food to feed their insatiable appetites. They are also known for carrying evildoers to be judged by the Furies, goddesses of vengeance.
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 5.84 L x 14.22 W x 9.78 H
- Size in inches: 2.3 L x 5.6 W x 3.85 H
- UPC: 095866002008