Safari Ltd Coral Snake Baby IncredibleCreatures
Coral snakes are a colorful and banded type of snake that can be found in many places throughout the world. While they are notorious for their potent venom, they only bite when agitated or threatened. They can grow to be five feet long, although this baby still has a long way to go!
- Scientific Name: Family Elapidae
- Characteristics: Although the bite of the coral snake can be fairly hazardous, we promise this juvenile is quite jolly! Hand painted and individually designed, this figurine makes a fantastic toy, teaching aid, piece of décor, and more.
- Size and Color: This model measures 10.75 inches long and 6 inches wide, about an inch shorter than an American ruler and as wide as the length of a dollar bill. Coral snakes are always red, black, and yellow, and the way to determine if it’s an actual coral snake and not another species with a similar coloration is if the red and yellow colors touch.
- The Coral Snake Baby is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
There are over 70 coral snake species worldwide, and most are found in the western hemisphere. However, genetic studies have found that the coral snake’s heritage began somewhere in Asia. There’s actually a well-known rhyme to determine whether or not a snake is a coral snake, and therefor potentially dangerous. The limerick is: “red and black, friend of Jack. Red and yellow, kills a fellow.”
- Recommended Age: 3+
- Size in cm: 27.5 L x 14 W x 1.5 H
- Size in inches: 10.83 L x 5.51 W x 0.59 H
- UPC: 095866263300